Friday 22 April 2011

Lady Gaga Sorry For Calling Madonna Comparisions “Retarded”


Lady Gaga is “sorry” that she used the antiquated term “retarded” when blasting critics who believe her pop tunes and stage act are nothing more than Canal Street rip-offs largely inspired by Pop Queen Madonna’s ’80s heyday.

Gaga has apologized for using the word in a new interview with a British music mag. In what is fast becoming the most famous interview NME has ever done, Gaga wept as she revealed the allegations her track “Born This Way” sounded suspiciously like Madonna’s “Express Yourself” were heartbreaking.

“I am not stupid enough to put out a record and be that moronic… I’m a songwriter. I’ve written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a (copied) song and think I’m getting one over on everybody? That’s retarded. What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about,” Gaga cried.

But never one to STOP talking, the one-woman-hit-factory went on to suggest God had a part in unleashing lyrics that include: “Don’t be a drag, just be a queen.”

The expression “Chile Puhleeze” springs to mind.

“I feel like honestly that God sent me those lyrics and that melody. When you feel a message to give to the world and people are shooting arrows at it… there’s no way for something that pure to be wrong.”

In a statement to PerezHilton.com Thursday, the pop hitmaker stood be her comments, but apologized for “not speaking thoughtfully” regarding use of the expression “retarded.”

“I consider it part of my life’s work and music to push the boundaries of love and acceptance. My apologies for not speaking thoughtfully. To anyone that was hurt, please know that it was furiously unintentional. An honest mistake, requires honesty to make,” she said. “Whether life’s disabilities, left you outcast bullied or teased, rejoice and love yourself today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment